Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Moore for Lt. Gov.

And I don't mean more candidates, I mean former state Rep. Brian Moore.

Moore, a Clayton businessman, is the first Republican to announce he's seeking the GOP nomination for the number two spot on the ticket in 2010.

"As a small businessman myself, I understand how challenging it is right now for people and small businesses all over the state," he said in a statement.

"After serving rural New Mexico for eight years in the New Mexico Legislature, I know how important it is to get out and listen to people who really understand the issues. I want to hear ideas on how New Mexico can be better and our how our state government can be more efficient and responsive," he said.

Other names out there on the Republican ticket -- unconfirmed but fun to speculate on -- are JR Damron, Darren White and Vickie Perea.

No comments:

Post a Comment